If you live in Western New York and are thinking about adding a new dog to your family, please consider meeting Liza and Chandler to see if one of them might be the right dog for you.
Chandler is a young , neutered, French Mastiff (bordeaux)/Staffy mix. He came to us from a kill shelter where he was going to be euthanized. Chandler is a young dog, maybe only 1 or 2 years. He is dog selective and prefers dogs that are smaller than him and female. Although, we would prefer him in a no dog home. He loves cats and actually prefers them to dogs. He is potty trained, crate trained and does not chew. He loves everyone he meets and just wants to be loved on. He is a really nice boy that deserves a family of his own! Chandler will jump up so please no small children in his forever home!!!
And here's some information on Liza:
Liza is a beautiful 2 year old Belgian Shepherd mix who has never met a person she didn't love. We rescued Liza from being euthanized in shelter down South after she was seized from a bad living situation.But these dogs are in Western New York, and if you're not, I'd still like to encourage you to consider your local pound or rescue as an adoption option. So I've asked the companies who make some of my all-time favorite dog products to help me put together a wonderful package of things your new rescue dog will need, in the hopes that this prize pack will make it a little easier to adopt a dog.
Liza is a very happy girl with lots of energy, lives to go for walks and to be with people. She is a great running partner and can run up to 4 miles a day! She plays with toys and gives lots of kisses. Her pictures don't do her justice. She's very camera shy. When she is out at the park people often comment on how beautiful she is!!!
One lucky winner will receive:
- Karma Necklace from Dogeared Jewels & Gifts (Julia Roberts wore one in Eat, Pray, Love)
- Sample variety pack of food from Newman's Own Organics Dog Food
- On the Go Collection travel bowls and containers from Planet Dog
- Puppy Shampoo, Botanical Creme Rinse and Condition, and a Snoutstik from Opie & Dixie
- Westpaw Dog Toys from Good Things Green Things
- Gourmet Hand-Decorated Dog Treats from A Barker's Dozen
- Hemp Martingale Reilley "Rescued Dog" Collar from Earth Dog
If you're not planning to adopt a rescue dog in the near future, you can still enter. If you win, the Good Karma necklace is yours to keep, and we hope you'll donate the dog goods to your local rescue to help them with their amazing efforts to help dogs find forever homes.
How to enter:
- Leave a comment on this post, and tell me what your favorite dog name is (one comment per person, please).
- Blog or Tweet (#DogKarma) about a dog from your local pound or rescue who is in need of a home, and come back and leave the link to your tweet or blog post in the comments. Here's a sample tweet.
- Please only enter one link per day in comments for an extra entry, but feel free to post about rescue dogs with the #DogKarma hashtag as often as you'd like, because, of course, the goal is to raise awareness about adoptable rescue dogs!
- Each day this week I'll post with more information on the items in the prize pack and the generous companies sponsoring this project, and will give you more opportunities to enter with each post.
I'll announce the winner (chosen by a random number generator) on Monday, October 3rd.