Friday, November 21, 2008
100 Things - 46-55
Here's a pic from the hike Argo and I took the other day. I'm obsessed with the yellow/blue dusk combo that was going on in the sky and in the reflection on the creek. It only sort of showed up in the picture.
Figured I'd get back to my 100 Things list
46. I hate the sound of our doorbell, so I unplugged it.
47. I'm not good with tradition. I have a hard time doing something simply because that's how it's been done in the past if it doesn't make sense to me.
48. I used to have a sweet tooth that would put Willy Wonka to shame, but I've pretty much conquered it at this point.
49. I think there should be a way to legally declare your friends as family (ie. I'd like to be able to declare Lady as my sister for all intents and purposes, so if I were ever in intensive care, etc. she'd be able to visit me and vice versa). Maybe that's what living wills are for.
50. I'm upset about Prop 8 passing to the point where it keeps me up at night, even though I'm not gay, and I don't live in California. I don't understand why everyone isn't outraged. It's a civil rights issue. We decided a long time ago in this country that it wasn't okay to pick and choose who gets what rights. Prop 8 and other laws banning gay marriage go against what America is supposed to be about. Also, making marriage about something other than consensual love and commitment between two consenting adults offends my marriage, and the institution of marriage in general. And don't get me started on separation of church and state issues . . .
51. I have two friends I e-mail back and forth all day long on weekdays. I don't know what I'd do without them.
52. I never liked New Kids, Backstreet Boys, N'Sync, or any boy bands of that ilk.
53. I did listen to (and love) Bobby Brown when I was in junior high school.
54. I go through phases where I view most foods as simply a vehicle for Frank's Hot Sauce. I've never just decided to drink it, but I've come close. Then the whole obsession passes and I'll forget we have a bottle in the fridge for months.
55. My feet and hands are usually cold.