Monday, November 17, 2008

It's all good . . .

I'm feeling better now. Thank you for indulging my mopiness.

To be completely honest, it probably had more to do with the trip I took two weekends ago, and less to do with what I looked like on TV. I feel a little sheepish about the whole thing now. I'm usually pretty good at figuring out what's bugging me, and I should have taken a step back and given everything a look before I started spouting off about my cankle chin or lack thereof.

I had to go to a place I've avoided like the plague for the past decade or so, with an old friend I hadn't seen in a long time, and with whom I have an inordinate amount of baggage, and it was just a lot of emotion packed into a not short enough time (although, the total plus was that I did get to meet Noelle, see a few old friends, and meet some amazing people at the inn where I stayed).

I was actually due back last Monday, but was so tired that I had to crash at a hotel 2 hours away from my house because I couldn't keep my eyes open while driving. Unheard of for me. I am a trooper. I will chug coffee and do jumping jacks at every available rest stop if need be, but it just wasn't working, and I didn't feel that having a meeting with the guardrail would be productive.

Last week, I was just plain worn out and overly emotional and trying to put things in their place mentally. But now I'm caught up on sleep and settled back in. I had an awesome series of chats with Lady, which always makes everything better. I'm starting to feel like me again.

And yesterday, while pulling dead marigolds out of the garden, I had an idea for a new character. A random sentence flashed in my head and I started working around it. Something about fall yard work is particularly inspiring. I've had many a great idea while freezing my butt off picking up dead plant matter. Since I have an awesome awesome guest post up on the other site today, I'm looking forward to hunkering down with way too many cups of tea and seeing what happens with my new imaginary friend. Today, life is good.

2 comments:

The Modern Gal said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better. New writing ideas always perk me up!

Mickey said...

Cup of tea? Good idea. Don't mind if I do.

I'm glad you chose hotel instead of guardrail.