Monday, March 30, 2009
100 Things - 65-70
65. Spiderman is my favorite superhero. I loved the Spiderman shorts on The Electric Company as a kid (and yes, that's Morgan Freeman as the vampire). Something about his silence is appealing and comforting.
66. I don't like chunky peanut butter. J does. I vaguely remember losing a tooth while eating chunky PB as a kid, and I always associate the chunks with teeth. For awhile, I compromised by buying chunky ever other time. Finally, I realized that life is too short to suffer through the chunky stuff, so I buy us separate jars.
67. I hated the ending of the series finale of Battlestar Galactica. I think it should have ended about 25 minutes sooner. Sometimes less is more.
68. In my first apartment, the landlord shut off the gas line to do some maintenance and forgot to tell me or relight the pilot when he turned it back on. I grew up with an electric stove and didn't recognize the smell as gas. Thankfully, when I got a headache, I started craving fresh air, so I went outside. The landlord's wife saw me sitting on the step and all of a sudden it dawned on her that they didn't relight the pilot on my stove. I think she looked worse than I felt. The color just drained from her face when she saw me. That was almost 12 years ago, but I still can't go to bed or leave the house without checking the stove.
69. I always double knot my shoelaces.
70. In second grade, I thought it would be cool to memorize the poem Jabberwocky (you can see why I was never one of the cool kids) by Lewis Carroll. I can still recite the whole thing.