Originally uploaded by AlliesAnswers
Oh, another week of meaning to blog and not quite getting to it, so here's a pretty picture, and now I'm going to do one of my rundown lists on the events of the past week. :)
- Last Sunday, J and I grabbed our very underused crampons, and went out to Chimney Bluffs on Lake Ontario to climb around on the ice and pretend to be Arctic explorers. We took tons of pictures on our phones, and if you click on the link above, it should take you to them -- if, you know, you're interested in seeing 60+ pictures of ice. I'll have to steal J's camera later and upload some of the ones of me in my sweet bright orange jacket (sale item, but super warm). It was the first time in a long time that we put aside our insane to do lists and just went out to play. It was much needed.
- Stella was due for her shots and I suspected (correctly) that Argo had an ear infection, so I did what any dog owner who doesn't think enough before she acts would do, and scheduled an appointment for both of them AT THE SAME TIME. The double lead leash works super well for walks when they are both going in the same direction. Not so much in waiting rooms when Stella wants to hide and Argo wants to cuddle with everyone. When the vet tech was weighing Stella, Argo taught himself how to open the exam room door and let himself back into the waiting room to, presumably, cuddle with everyone. And when the vet came in, Argo got super protective of Stella, so after he got his ears checked out, I had to run him out to the car. I have realized it is not, in fact, easier to take both dogs in at once. Separate appointments from now on, unless J can come and wrangle dogs with me.
- I got J hooked on Friday Night Lights so I have an excuse to watch all the episodes again. As a result, I have been walking around singing, "Oh, Landry! Well you came and you gave without taking, but I sent you away, oh Landry," because a. Barry Manilow is awesome, b. it totally fits, doesn't it? c. Landry is awesome, and d. I'm weird.
- I launched, Operation Please Stop Making Your Husband Look At You Wearing 15 Year Old Theatre Production T-shirts (or OPSMYHLAYWFYOPT) and bought myself some actual PJs that don't have holes in them or advertise the most awful, un-diverse production of The Wiz that ever was performed.
- I faced the fact that online to do list systems don't work for me, no matter how much I love the idea of being all high tech about organization, and went back to writing things down.
- I played phone tag with Lady.
- I took a good, long bath, complete with bath salts, a mass market paperback, and a good glass of wine.
- I started my days this week with 30 minutes of writing exercises.
What have you been up to this week?