Tuesday, March 30, 2010

I think the hubs and I need to have a talk

The other night, J fell asleep while we were watching TV in bed. His glasses were still on. I tried to take them off without waking him, but they got stuck on his ear. He grabbed my wrist, opened his eyes and shouted "No!" as if someone was attacking him.

"It's just me," I said.

He looked at me and laughed, but he had that far away, 'I'm still sleeping' look in his eyes. "Oh, thank god," he said. "I thought it was a human!"

8 comments:

mudnessa said...

I love this blog. It has been making me laugh every time you post something new. I don't think it could get funnier and then it does. This made me laugh, a lot, perhaps too much.

Kate said...

He knows the secret. We're ALL really zombies...

Corinne Bowen said...

I wish I could sleep that soundly!

Gilion at Rose City Reader said...

That's hilarious.

Oddly, my husband just dreamed the other night that I was a zombie. I don't know if this means we have to see a marriage counselor, or if I need to seize control of the netflix queue.

Unknown said...

When that happens in our house, I know to be as far away as possible when I reach for the glasses. Remember in Something About Mary how Warren wouldn't let anyone touch his ears or he'd go nuts? That's pretty much how my husband is about his glasses. Proceed with caution...

Rachel Elizabeth said...

This sounds like something my husband would say to me.

courtney said...

Ha! Yes, I feel it's very important that your husband know you're not a zombie.

Unknown said...

For some reason, I always seem to come across your posts first thing on Monday mornings. It is such a hilarious way to start my day!