- STAY sold in Poland! It's so amazingly cool to think that something I wrote will be published in four languages other than English. I'm not sure I can quite get my head around it. (Mrs. X can suck it!)
- I have a Facebook page for the book now, and have some event dates up!
- Shanna convinced me that when I do book events, I should actually, you know, wear decent clothes. AND she helped me pick out said decent clothes AND helped me talk through different options for wearing said decent clothes beyond the dressing room. So it's possible that if you come to one of my book events, you might see me wearing accessories in addition to clothes that aren't yoga pants. Shanna is brilliant (and not afraid to tell someone when the dress is wearing them). I actually enjoyed shopping, which is a monumental feat.
- Argo had two cysts biopsied last week, but they came back clear. They're just cysts. I tried to put it out of my head completely while we waited for the results. As soon as I knew he was okay, I realized how worried I'd been, and had that whole overwhelmed after the fact feeling. Goodness, I love that dog. And goodness, our vet is awesome! She rushed the results along and called me herself to let me know he was okay.
- Taking Argo and Stella to the vet at the same time is not for the faint of heart. Argo wants to say hi to everyone. Stella wants all dogs to stay away from Argo and her people, and is VERY verbal about it. Argo wants to jump on the exam table (even when it's not his turn) and Stella just wants to go home.
- He may look tough, but our boy Argo SCREAMS when the vet tech even gets near his toenails with a clipper. I thought she'd cut his toe off, but she'd barely even cut the nail. It's embarrassing.
- I question the wisdom of men who will comment loudly on the posterior of a woman walking a one-hundred and five pound German Shepherd (even if he's a baby about his toenails, because they don't know that). Don't you?
- We got our bikes tuned up and had an amazing time riding on the canal path this weekend.
- I get the Erie Canal song stuck in my head every time we ride on the canal path. Low bridge, everybody down . . . It's a growing up in New York State thing.
- J and I are on a Buffy kick. Well, more accurately, I'm on a Buffy kick, and J loves me enough to tolerate it. I'd seen an episode here and there, but never watched them all in order. Makes much more sense this way. You can see how Buffy was a step in the process to writing one of the best scifi shows ever (and you can see how I'm incapable of doing anything without thinking about how writing figures in).
- I read somewhere that the guy who plays Zander was supposed to play Malcom Reynolds. And Nathan Fillion had been considered for the role of Angel. It's interesting to think about how different those shows would have been.
- I was going to tell you about how J and I briefly considered making margaritas out of lime popsicles this weekend, but it is apparently past W-A-L-K time and someone isn't letting me forget it.
Monday, April 26, 2010
"And you'll always know your neighbor, you'll always know your pal..."
Lately, the days have been going by way too fast. I swear it should be last Wednesday instead of this Monday. And I've been meaning to write to you about oh so many things, so here's one of my big messy list posts.