With the holidays, friends in town, and several people I love having birthdays, last week got a little crazy around here, and I didn't get to blog at all. I'm working on a year end wrap up post for later in the week, but a few things have had me jumping for joy & shouting "Mrs. X can suck it!" recently, and I wanted to share!
- The cover above is the standard German version of STAY from Weltbild! The title translates to "Sit! Place! (or stay) Love!" And I'm completely and totally in love with it. I didn't know it was out until a reader left me a comment in German on the Facebook page on New Year's Day. It was such a fantastic way to start the year!
- When I did a Google search for the German title, I discovered that I'm listed in the German National Library. I know this is kind of a "well, duh, of course you are, because your book is out in Germany," thing, but honestly, it's completely BLOWING MY MIND. I really thought the break-down-in-massive-amounts-of-happy-tears-still-can't-believe-this-is-real thing would start to fade eventually, but so far it hasn't. Every little step of the way, I have moments when I so desperately wish I could go back in time to Mrs. X's classroom to give my heartbroken little teenage-self a big hug, and tell her that it gets oh-so-much better and someday she'll write something that will end up on shelves in libraries in countries she hasn't even had the chance to visit yet. Because it really would have helped to know that back then. Plus, if I did that, I'd totally get to travel in the Tardis, right?
- Right before the holidays, Euromedia picked up the Czech rights to STAY!
- #1 on SheKnows.com's Best Dog Books of 2010
- Girls in the Stacks Top Ten(ish) Books of 2010
- Philadelphia Examiner Top Ten Women's Fiction Releases of 2010
- Daemon's Books Favorite Books of the Year
- Novel Escapes Favourite Reads of 2010
- Ramsey Library Staff Picks for Best Books of 2010
- Capital Area District Library Staff Picks for Best Fiction of 2010
Also, I did a guest post at Crazy For Books last week, and now one lucky reader can win a copy of STAY!