Thursday, September 29, 2011

Enter to win! #DogKarma Sponsor: Opie & Dixie!


One of the things I'm excited about with the #DogKarma Prize Pack is the opportunity to share some of my favorite dog products with you.  Opie & Dixie products are absolutely a favorite of mine.

Argo and Stella are itchy dogs, and if I use the wrong shampoo when I give them a bath, they'll be scratching for days.  Opie & Dixie's line of organic grooming products are gentle on their sensitive skin, but unlike many sensitive skin products I've tried, they actually get the job done.  I did a review of an Opie & Dixie product for TheGreenists.com last year, and you can read it here.


About the Opie & Dixie items:


About Opie & Dixie:


Debbie Guardian developed Opie & Dixie products as a solution to her dog, Opal’s itchy, irritated skin.  She focuses on organic and biodynamic ingredients, and works hard to keep the packaging recyclable.  Even Opie & Dixie’s labels are made with concern for the environment.  You can read more about practices and ingredients they do and don't use here.

You can follow Opie & Dixie on Facebook & Twitter.

This post is a part of the #DogKarma Prize Pack to encourage dog rescue!  But you don't need to rescue a dog to enter!  If you're not planning to adopt a rescue dog in the near future, you can still enter.  If you win, the Good Karma necklace is yours to keep, and we hope you'll donate the dog goods to your local rescue to help them with their amazing efforts to help dogs find forever homes.

To enter:
  • Leave a comment below telling me about the pet you wanted most when you were a kid.  
  • For an extra entry, post or tweet about a rescue dog in your area who needs a home, (use the hashtag #DogKarma) then come back and post a link to the entry.  A sample tweet is here.
CONTEST CLOSED

7 comments:

Leslie said...

The pet that i wanted most when i was a kid was a horse. :)

Kay said...

The pet I wanted most when I was a kid was a dog. For a few years I was pretty ill, so it was a really big deal when my mom finally decided I could have a dog. :-)

Anonymous said...

Our school had a white rat that the kids could take home for the night if their parents said it was OK. He was pretty cool, I would have liked to have one of my own.

Carl

Unknown said...

I wanted a box turtle because my babysitter had one, and I thought he was really cool.

Kay said...

http://twitter.com/#!/KMondayMartinez/status/119506317076475904 About Rascal, an Australian Shepherd who is available for adoption in Lubbock, TX.

Leslie said...

http://twitter.com/#!/lezlarina/status/119524252952182784
Bella, German Shepard Mix in SF,CA

~Kristi~ said...

I wanted a dog. We lived in an apartment for most of my life, and it physically ached every time I thought about it. My dad got a dog when I was in high school, and while it was awesome to have a dog by proxy (he didn't live with us), it wasn't the same. It took over 20 years for me to get my dog, but I finally have her, and she's amazing :)