Tuesday, August 26, 2008

100 Things - 11 & 12



I've decided to do the 100 things list one or two at a time. Since I made it through 10 things about me a few weeks ago, I'll start at 11.

Some will be long. Some will be short. And some will be just right.

11. I wear mostly solid colors, and a lot of brown, which I got teased for a bit when I posted the above picture on Allie's Answers for a post on clotheslines.

What's the deal with brown? I'm not entirely sure. I used to wear a lot of black, but I've mellowed, maybe? I was told when I was younger that I couldn't wear brown (because of my coloring), but I think I look good in it. It could be an act of defiance.

12. I'm a bad sleeper. I need to watch TV until I fall asleep (Scrubs, Northern Exposure, or Futurama are my preference) to get my mind out of thinking mode. I have perfected the switch the TV off right before I pass out move. The TV sometimes drives my husband crazy, but usually he's done when his head hits the pillow anyway. He can fall asleep mid-sentence, rarely wakes up during the night, and when he's done for the day, he's just done and there's nothing anyone can do about it. For me, sleep is this elusive, magical thing.

I'm writing this right now because he's fast asleep, and I'm wide awake, but I feel bad turning the TV on, even though he probably wouldn't notice.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did a 101 Things about me list on DL a few years ago. I've been thinking of doing a new list, but I'm not sure if I am that interesting! ;)

My clothing is mostly black and blue. I like dark colors as well!

The Modern Gal said...

Brown is an earth tone and you're very in tune with the earth, so maybe that's it?

Ben said...

I am in a bad Tv/sleep relationship. I can't sleep with it on. The newf can't sleep without it.

Compromise is a bitch.

Courtney said...

I'm a bad sleeper too. No matter what I do, I'm always wide awake at bedtime and super sleepy in the morning.