Friday, August 22, 2008

Amy Tan on Creativity

I LOVE Amy Tan, and if you read Allie's Answers, you know that I LOVE Ted Talks, so put the two together and you can pretty much guess that I was in heaven when I found a Ted Talk by Amy Tan.

When I was in high school, I read The Kitchen God's Wife so many times that the binding of my book fell apart. And even before I had any idea that I wanted to be a writer, I secretly longed to become a part of The Rock Bottom Remainders and bang an tambourine on my ass with the likes of Amy Tan, Dave Barry, and Stephen King.

If you're a writer, or a reader, or you have questions about the universe and "the nature of life", you'll love this video too. It's a little long (23 minutes), but some of her thoughts are absolutely breathtaking. Check it out here.

No comments: