Wednesday, October 1, 2008
100 Things - 26 through 30
26. I get a little teary when I vote. I hold it together in the booth, but walking back out to my car, the enormity of what just happened usually gets to me. I registered the second I turned 18. No matter how many times I flick levers in that booth, it always feels like a very big deal. Probably because it is. I can't imagine living back in the day when women weren't allowed to vote.
I still wear my "I Voted Today" sticker like it's a medal of honor, and stick it on my guitar case when election day is done. Through a glitch associated with changing my name when I moved and got married, I was actually registered to vote twice for awhile, but I did not vote early and often.
Tomorrow, I'm headed out to Ohio to help register voters for two days. If you live near a swing state, think about giving some time to make sure as many people as possible get to the voting booths in November. Neil spent some time in PA helping out recently, and it inspired me to get out there and help. Who you vote for is no one's business but your own, but make sure you do it, okay?
27. I like to floss my teeth in bed. My husband thinks it's gross, and it probably is, but we can all agree that flossing in bed is better than not flossing, right?
28. I know all the words to the theme song from The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.
29. I'm obsessed with Willa Cather, and have read Song of the Lark (my favorite of her books) about 7 or 8 times. From reading her work, I get the feeling that she loved her characters very much.
30. I love SmartWool socks more than I ever thought it was possible to love a certain brand of socks.
Posted by Allie at 10:47 AM