Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Manticores are kind of scary.

J and I aren't as cute as Erin and Ted (few people are), and will probably never sing a song for you on camera (unless we're incredibly inebriated, yet still somehow able to operate the camera and post effectively). But, like Erin and Ted, we have a habit of making up new lyrics to old songs.

Our recent composition came to fruition a few days ago, while we were sitting on the couch with our laptops being nerdy.

To the tune of "You Sexy Thing."

J: I believe in manticores. Where you from? You sexy thing.
Me: I believe in manticores. But it's kind of hard, since they don't exist.
J: (Laughing) I especially like the part where you say you believe in them, but then you admit they don't exist.
Me: It's the same way I feel about Bigfoot.
J: Nice.

We go back to work for awhile.

Me: What's a manticore?
J: I have no idea.

And now, WE CAN'T STOP SINGING IT. Help!

3 comments:

courtney said...

I have no idea what a manticore is either. But your song still made me laugh.

Rebecca J said...

I can't wait to read your book Allie. It's about two of my favorite subjects--broken hearts and german shepherds.

Corinne Bowen said...

Steve and I do this too, except we use the bizarre and hilarious pet names we have for each other. Of course, this would be annoying if anyone else heard our songs, but to us, it's just hilarious. This post made me laugh out loud. I needed a laugh today!