Saturday, July 2, 2011

Ten things I know are true

1. Dogs are important.

2. You're never too old to wear blue nail polish.

3. People who read books are the best kind of people.

4. Absolutely positively no one is perfect, so it makes much more sense to strive for kindness than perfection.

5. The saying should really be: Make new friends, but keep the old. Both are magic.

6. One of the great joys of traveling is talking to the stranger sitting next to you.

7. If you ask the right questions and listen intently, everyone is fascinating.

8. It's more satisfying to vacuum if the floor is really dirty.

9. It's easier to wake up if the coffee pot is already gurgling.

10. An afternoon chatting with a friend is always time well spent.


6 comments:

Jen said...

I love it!

StephTheBookworm said...

Love this. I totally agree about dogs and books.

Unknown said...

I agree. Great post!

Andi said...

Such an awesome list! I agree with everything, even though I don't have the skin tone for blue nail polish. : ) Number 4 is so great & you are totally right about number 8. Number 9 makes me want to go out & get a coffee maker with a timer. And maybe a robot that will bring it to me in bed.

courtney said...

#3 is so, SO true!

holdenj said...

Great list!