1. Dogs are important.
2. You're never too old to wear blue nail polish.
3. People who read books are the best kind of people.
4. Absolutely positively no one is perfect, so it makes much more sense to strive for kindness than perfection.
5. The saying should really be: Make new friends, but keep the old. Both are magic.
6. One of the great joys of traveling is talking to the stranger sitting next to you.
7. If you ask the right questions and listen intently, everyone is fascinating.
8. It's more satisfying to vacuum if the floor is really dirty.
9. It's easier to wake up if the coffee pot is already gurgling.
10. An afternoon chatting with a friend is always time well spent.